Create massive targeted negative keyword lists in seconds.
How to use Negative Keyword Tool
1) Enter a target keyword from your campaign to get suggestions.
2) You will get a list of commonly searched similar keywords.
3) Select the words that don’t fit with your product or service. Once you have a list, copy and paste them into the negative keyword section of your campaign.
What is a negative keyword?
Negative keyword is a type of keyword that prevents your ad from being triggered by a certain word or phrase. Your ads aren’t shown to anyone who is searching for that phrase. This is also known as a negative match.
For example, when you add “free” as a negative keyword to your campaign or ad group, you tell AdWords not to show your ad for any search containing the term “free.”
On the Display Network, your ad is less likely to appear on a site when your negative keywords match the site’s content.”
The main goal of using negative keywords in Adwords campaigns is reducing the number of irrelevant visitors and as a result, reducing the Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC) from this channel.
How to find negative keywords?
There are couple of ways to collect a comprehensive list of negative keywords:
- Google Keyword Planner is the most used on the first steps before launching campaigns. It helps to add some of the most popular negative keywords, but it’s not enough.
- Google Search Console is the second important source. If you have much organic traffic, it’s a big chance that you’ll find many valuable queries in Console for improving negative keyword lists in Adwords.
- Google Adwords search terms statistics – All queries, that launch your keywords in ads, are collected in your account. So, every day, week or month you can expand your negative keywords list with new words and phrases
- Negative Keyword Generator – Our tool looks for similar queries to your business keyword and gives you a list of suggestions. In this way you can quickly generate a very relevant list of negative keywords.
- Industry-Specific Templates You can find many interesting templates of lists with negative keywords on the web.